visual-tools: regular updates & discussions around building visual tooling
The goal of this group is to create collaborations in learning and building Clojure tools for data visualization and literate programming.
The authors of several actively developed tools are involved (Chlorine, Clover, Calva and its Notebooks, Portal, Viscous, Sidebar, Nette, Fabricate, Omni-trace, Oz, Saite, Notespace, Clay, Goldly, Saturn, clt-tiles, Obsidian Wielder, Cardigan Bay, Platypub, Data Rabbit, Clerk, Klipse, etc.).
- Meeting 17 (April 1st 2023): various updates - event (login to Clojureverse for details)
- Meeting 16 (Nov. 19th 2022): Calva Notebooks and Portal - summary & recording
- Meeting 15 (Oct. 23th 2022): a common ground for notes with Kindly - summary & video
- Meeting 14 - special meeting (Oct. 20th 2022): Clerk workshop - event (not recorded)
- Meeting 13 - monthly (Oct. 14th 2022): Interactive visualizations: Shiny, Shadow-cljs, Clay - summary & video
- Meeting 12 - special meeting (Sep. 9h 2022): Data Rabbit - summary & video
- Meeting 11 - monthly meeting (Sep. 2th 2022): tooling for learning resources - summary & video
- Meeting 10 - monthly meeting (Aug. 5th 2022): Oz - summary & video
- Meeting 9 - general monthly (July 2nd 2022): clj-tiles, Obsidian Wielder, Cardigan Bay, Platypub - summary & video
- Meeting 8 - general monthly (June 3rd 2022): data cookbook, goldly studio, re-frame state management - summary & video
- Meeting 7 - a deep dive into Saturn (May. 27th 2022) - summary & video
- Meeting 6 - general monthly (May. 6th 2022) - summary & video
- Meeting 5 - general monthly (Apr. 2nd 2022) - summary & video
- Meeting 4 - studying Clerk internals (Mar. 25th 2022) - summary & video
- Meeting 3 - general montlhy meeting (Mar. 5th 2022) - summary & video
- Meeting 2 - compatibility across tools (Feb. 19th 2022) - summary & video
- Meeting 1 - the beginning (Feb. 4th 2022) - summary & video.
Organizers: Lukas Domalga, Kira McLean, Daniel Slutsky (please reach out at the Clojurians Zulip)
Frequency of meetings: All-hands meeting roughly every month + ad-hoc meetings of sub-groups on specific topics
Chat stream: #visual-tools at Clojurians Zulip and at Clojurians Slack
Resources: You are invited to add your experiments and notes.
scicloj/visual-tools-experiments - repo for collaboration.
common notes - from meetings, etc.
background - the visual tools session at the re:Clojure Data Science Special (Dec. 5th 2021), overviewing some of the relevant tools in the field
Video status reports:
- Mar. 13th, 2022, Visual tools compatibility - describing the Portal-Clerk-Kindly-nREPL experiment